Today a coworker of mine asked what all was entailed in the procedure. I gave her a short overview to which she replied "I'm sorry but I don't understand it. If you were meant to have children then it would not be this difficult for you. If that was your destiny - you would be pregnant by now." I didn't say anything but thought how dare she say that! I have heard this argument before and everytime it makes me a little more mad. Isnt that the same as saying if you are meant to have cancer you shouldn't seek treatment? I would think the majority of people given a diagnosis would do anything they could to overcome the problem or at very least make the symptoms more managable.
I don't think our destiny was not to have children, but instead to become stronger through the journey. He knew that I was too dang stubborn to give up and that our marriage could survive the ups and downs that infertility brings.
Here is a good quote to wrap this thought up -
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teresa
Originally Posted 9/23/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment