CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 11, 2010

Silence

What a weird feeling in the house this morning - silence! It has been a long time since Craig and I woke up in the house with no child and I can not say I like it all that much! Collin stayed the night at Mimi Diann and Papa's house last night so we could go to a bday party for a friend. It was nice to get out and not have to worry about picking him up or if he would be okay going to sleep. But this morning when their were no waffles and chocolate milk to make, no cartoons on and toys in the living room I got a little sad. Sure he will be home any minute now but it made me think back to when their was no little boy living with us. We have always said that having Collin made the house feel like a home and us a family.

I went into Collin's old nursery which is now an unfinished room - waiting to see if it will again be a nursery or if we will make it a guest room. I was putting some items in the closet and stayed for a while invisioning what we could do in their for the next kid. I thought about how much more "stuff" we will accumulate with another one and how much more hectic life will be.

I know with another kid it will be a long time before any more silent mornings in the house. But I look forward to the hectice life ahead!

Originally Posted 9/26/2010

0 comments:

Post a Comment