CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 4, 2011

How quickly things can change!

I had an appointment on Saturday morning. The sonogram showed that things were progressing - a little slow but that is normal for me. Blood work showed the same - levels rising at a slow and steady speed. So the Dr did not change any meds and said to come back today for another sono and more blood work. The weekend went by fast and furious - Saturday was filled with baseball and birthday celebrations. Sunday was house cleaning, working in the yard and baseball practice again. When I woke up this morning I was very tender but did not think too much about it. I figured I had over done it over the weekend or it was due to the lack of sleep thanks to Collin being terrified of thunderstorms. As soon as Linda, the nurse, started the sonogram she said "Oh my gosh, look at that!" I instantly panicked thinking something bad happened. But I was shocked to see my follicles grew - a ton! They were all in the 12mm range on Saturday and today I had some in the 30s - I was cooked as Linda said. No wonder all the discomfort this morning! Blood work came back at great levels as well - so the retrieval is moved up to Wednesday! We are all amazed with what my body has done - this is really the best stim cycle out of the three so that is very exciting. They did tell me that I will not have a ton of follicles retreived but that those that are their should be of much better quality than the last cycle!! Tomorrow is my absolute favorite day of the entire IVF journey - it is the only day without shots, blood draws or procedures - a day off!! This is wonderful and you better believe I will enjoy every bit of it. I will post after the retrieval - procedure is at 8:30am - please keep us in your prayers for more great news! Love you all! Katie

0 comments:

Post a Comment