Monday, April 11, 2011
And now for the dreaded wait. . .
Sorry for the dramatic delay in updating on how Saturday went, this is the first time I have been in the office and for some reason I can't post from my phone. I have been very relaxed this entire cycle -so much that I even forgot to take a shot on Friday night! We went to dinner and then took Collin to watch a little bit of baseball at the local ball fields - cheap and fun entertainment! When we got home I saw all my meds and shots on the dinning room table and that is when I realized I forgot the shot. So I took it real quick and was only an hour late - not too big of a deal - thank goodness! Saturday morning on the way to the clinic I joked with Craig again about triplets - but deep down I was a little nervous that we would not have any to transfer. It took a while for the embryologist to get their but it was worth the wait - all three were dividing beautifully. At this point in the process they want at least a 6 cell division. The lab also grades them from 1-5 with one being the best. They look for fragmentation and space between the cells to make the grade. So we had 2 8 cell grade 1 and 1 9 cell grade two!!! I was stoked! This is the best that we have ever had - even with Collin we did not have this good of grading. The embryologist recommended putting back all three. Her reasoning was based on our history she felt this would give us the best chance. We talked a long time with her then said we needed to talk to Dr A Rod before making the final decision. When he came in I was shocked that he felt this was a no brainer and that we needed to put back all three. He told us the odds of pregnancy at all would be about 60% - twins 20-30% and triplets less than 5 %. So we went with the recommendation and put them all back. We are very excited and I think equally as nervous. I could not imagine life with triplets but I know we could figure out a way to make it work. I think I biggest fear, minus the medical risk, is how that would rock Collin's world. I would never want him to feel like he is no longer loved - but their is plenty of family and friends to get us through the rough times. It is funny to me that this entire cycle I felt it would come down to transferring three. Dr A Rod was always very strict that for my age two was tops and I never told him that this would be our last try so I know that was not a factor. He did say that the office staff was shocked at the pregnancy with Collin because it was not a wonderful cycle and the last cycle was awful so he felt my body responded better than ever to go for it. I have been on moderate bed rest since Saturday and will go back to work on Wednesday. I am ready to get into the swing of things again. I am tired are dwelling on every little pain that I feel. I have not started testing as it is obviously too early but I am sure it won't be long before I start! Hopefully the next time I post I will be able to say that I am pregnant!! Fingers crossed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment