Thursday, April 7, 2011
We are still in it!
Here is a quick recap of the last few days: Wednesday - We had to be at the hospital at 7:30 for the retrieval. It is a miracle that we were able to get Collin to school and us to the hospital in time, but we made it. While we waited for the procedure I asked Craig what he thought about putting 3 embryos back if we were fortunate enough to have that many. I think I freaked him out a bit and he promptly said the Dr won't allow that! I bet he is right, Dr A Rod is pretty conservative but for some strange reason I feel the need to know if he would do that for us. So - I get taken down for surgery right on time. My goal this time was to stay awake to see the operating room- both other times they started the meds so quick that I never made it in to the room. This time we were all talking about vacationing in Italy. I had no idea the anesthesiologist was behind me so when I started getting dizzy and nausea I alerted the Dr Rodriguez. That is when they informed me the meds were flowing. I am pleased to say that I did see the operating room but only briefly and then I was asleep. Retrieval was a success and they were able to get 7 follicles. We left, had a quick lunch and I was back to sleep in no time while Craig went to work. I think I dreamt of having multiple children - and being the first to have crib bunk beds! Thursday - The embryologist called Craig mid morning and said that we will have our transfer on Saturday. Out of the 7 follicles only 6 were mature and 3 fertilized over night. We may have a few more over night tonight but we won't know until Saturday. So for now we have the 3 and hopefully they will continue to divide- by Saturday they need to be a 6-8 cell in order to be considered healthy. Tomorrow will be a hard day - not knowing what is still dividing and if we have any new ones. I have to believe that they will be viable on Saturday but I still worry. Tomorrow also starts the dreaded Progesterone shots that are painful. I will hopefully be doing these shots for another 11 weeks until I am out of the first trimester. Now I have to prepare for bed rest through Tuesday. I have a great plan to get the house cleaned top to bottom tomorrow night. I do not want Craig to have to do it all as he will have his hands full with Collin. I have books to read and plenty of stuff on TIVO that I can catch up on. We have little food in the house so grocery shopping is of top priority as well. You should be relieved to know that I am fully stocked on pregnancy tests. I hope to not start testing for a week but I have enough to start on Sunday if the urge is their! Yes my priorities are in line! I am off to take some meds for the pain and relax a little before bed. I wonder if Craig has considered triplets yet - whom maybe I will wait till tomorrow to bring that up again! Hope everyone had a great week! Will update this weekend with how the transfer went! Hugs to all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment